Thursday, August 29

The Library

We arrived at the Library. It was more modern than I expected. I was expecting an old dusty and dark library with a creepy Librarian. Instead I got a Library that's likely younger than me and a cute Librarian girl. She was black (Can't say African American, because this ain't America. African European? African Belgian? I have no clue really.) and around my age. Her jet-black hair was braided into a pony tail-thingy.

Her: "Welcome, you must be the Cloudgirls.
Me: "Cloudgirls?"
Her: "We've seen your blog."
Me: "Ah.. Are we that recognizable?.."
Her: "Mostly her." She pointed at Echo.

Its true, Echo's weird hair color stands out anywhere. That's not a good thing..
It also could have been her constant panicked expression. Any little sound would be enough for her to panic. That's what the Choir does to people I guess. Luckily Shine makes me Immune for it.


Library girl: "Wait here, I'll go get my boss."
Me: "Okay."


A few minutes later she comes back with her boss. A woman somewhere in her thirties I think. Wearing a dark red trench coat, glasses and her blond hair with a normal ponytail.

Boss-lady-person: "Welcome to my Library, my name is Trish Deckers. The Archive appreciates your offer to help. Feel free to use our Library as a temporary hide out. Just be sure to put everything back where it belongs if you should use it.
Unfortunately we only have two beds here so.."
Me: "It's okay, we have Sleeping bags."
Trish: "Excellent. I'll let you settle in while we wait for the Martyr squad to arrive."
Me:" The soldier guys aren't here yet?"
Trish: "They should arrive any moment now."

(They still haven't arrived.)

We just now set up our things, grabbed a few weapons. Just in case the Instant attacks earlier. Luckily there aren't too many Places around here with access to the Catacombs or we'd have no Idea where The Instant will attack. But for now its peaceful, so I might go read a book while we wait for the Martyr squad.

2 comments:

  1. I was in a library for work experience last year, it was awesome, but soldiers would've made it even more awesome, if a little intimidating.

    Still, lounging around reading books with weapons handy sounds peaceful. As far as peace in these situations goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is relatively peaceful indeed. The quiet before the storm. :I

      Delete